The safety and security of our NADA Show attendees are of paramount importance to NADA. Over the past several years, NADA has increased the measures that we take to provide a safe and secure environment for our valued attendees and guest. Below are a
few helpful tips to keep in mind as you plan your visit to the NADA Show.
Online – Check-in to both your hotel and at the Convention Center will be a breeze when you register in advance.
- Be when careful leaving valuables, purses and IDs in meeting and hotel rooms. Use the hotel safe, if possible.
- Do not carry large amounts of cash with you. Always leave enough cash in your hotel safe to get through the convention.
- Make a copy of your State issued ID or Passport and keep in a secure place.
- Store passports in your hotel safe and carry a digital copy on your person. Replacing lost Passports can be a difficult and time-consuming process.
- Large bags and purses are a tempting target. If a purse or bag is a must, carry it securely under your arm. Never wrap the strap around your arm or you may enter a tug-of-war with someone trying to grab your purse.
- Be aware and observant of your environment. Look for well-lit streets and stat in areas you feel safe.
- Walk with confidence. Communicate the message that you are calm and confident. Know where you are going and know what is going on around you.
- Remove convention badges when outside the convention center or other convention events. Leave convention totes in your hotel room.
- There is safety in numbers. Establish a buddy system and periodically check on each other. Agree on departure times and never leave friend alone.
- Avoid Street solicitors; just say, “NO!” If you feel compelled to give, NADA has charitable organizations that directly help the local community.
- Escape Routes – Whether in meeting rooms or guest rooms, notice the nearest exits in case of emergency. Remember an emergency could occur at the most inopportune time. Consider keeping shoes, clothes and room key nearby.
- Hotel Doors – Use all auxiliary locking devices on doors. In case of emergency, be sure to check the door for heat and smoke before exiting.
- Refer to your own Hotel's security for additional assistance.
- Official NADA credentials are required for entry to the convention. A photo ID will be required to complete your registration process once on-site.
- Wear your badge at all times while attending NADA events. If you lose your badge, you may get a new one at registration.
- Leave luggage, large bags and bulky clothing at your hotel.
- All bags entering the Las Vegas Convention Center are subject to search.
- Use NADA provided shuttle busses, whenever possible. This is the safest and most convenient mode of transportation to and from your hotel. Parking at the convention center is limited.
- If you see something, say something! NADA will have uniform police officers in all common areas of the Las Vegas Convention Center. If you see something that seems odd or makes you uneasy, please find the nearest officer and report it.
- The Las Vegas Convention Center is a gun-free zone. Concealed Carry is not permitted without LVCVA pre-approval.
Wi-Fi and Internet Security
- During NADA Show, the "NADASHOW" Wi-Fi network at Las Vegas Convention Center is public and therefore does not require a password. This is an unsecured network and should never be used to access or send personal or sensitive information without
a virtual private network (VPN) or other network security option to encrypt traffic between your device and the VPN server.
- If you are connecting via Windows, make sure to turn off file sharing and mark the Wi-Fi connection as a public network.
- Once you are done with Web browsing, be sure to log off any services you were signed into. Then, tell your device to forget the network. This prevents your phone or device from automatically connecting again to the network if you're in range.
- For information on how to securely use public Wi-Fi networks, visit Cnet.com.
Enjoy Yourself Responsibly
- Nightlife – Las Vegas offers a tremendous amount of leisure activities--concerts, shows, gaming and numerous other activities. Please remain aware of your surroundings while enjoying what Las Vegas has to offer.
- Always keep track of your beverages. Never leave your drinks unattended.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself, responsibly.